Femme Fatale Cosmetics Haul - First Impressions & Swatches Part 1 - Warm Purples

Thursday, June 04, 2015

A while back I hauled the Aussie indie makeup site Femme Fatal Cosmetics. Then life happened and the ridiculous amount of swatches I needed to do got put on the procrastination pile lol.
a group shot of 7 warm purple eyeshadows by femme fatale cosmetics
But I finally got the time to swatch these babies for you guys and give you my thoughts/first impressions. As this was a haul, I ended up buying 20 mini eyeshadows plus I received 6 samples, so I've broken this into 3 posts to get through them all!

First off just a little information about Femme Fatale Cosmetics. The site supplies their own brand of mineral eyeshadows and blushes along with a bunch of other indie brands' cosmetics and an impressively large amount of unique nail polishes. Their website states:

"Established in 2011 Femme Fatale is the leading Australian online boutique for handmade cosmetics & lacquer, plus additional beauty care items produced by small-scale businesses. We stock over 40 unique & vibrant artisan brands from around the world, with new products arriving each week."

A few of the brands they stock you can get direct from those brands' own sites but I guess if you wanted to try a few different brands at once, ordering from FFC would cut down on postage costs.

Either way, I only purchased the FFC line of eyeshadows this time round and holy cow batman, these duo-chromes are to die for! You all know I'm a sucker for a pretty duo and these do not disappoint.
a shot showing the base stickers and their ingredient lists
all the eyeshadows have their ingredients included on their base stickers

In part 1 I've grouped together what I've called "warm purples" - these all have some sort of red base or tone to them and vary from apricot pink to deep burgundy and an odd one out that's a lovely blue toned lilac with an aqua shift (which should probably be in one of the next parts with the cool blue toned purples - oops :P )


On to the swatches!!

Here we have from left to right: Desecration, Lovely Luck (LE), Candied Apple and Underlord

Desecration, Lovely Luck, Candied Apple and Underlord pots
Desecration, Lovely Luck, Candied Apple and Underlord in their mini 3g jar size at just under $4AUD each

Desecration, Lovely Luck, Candied Apple and Underlord swatches
L-R: Desecration, Lovely Luck, Candied Apple and Underlord swatched over LORAC primer, left is dry and right is wet, under indirect daylight balanced flash

close up swatch of Desecration to show off its green shift
this is a close up swatch of Desecration to show off its green shift - I had to apply a wet layer an then pack on a thin dry layer on top to get the duochrome to show up (left is dry, right is wet)


And in the next set we have: Sugar Rush, Dispersion and Impsy


Sugar Rush, Dispersion and Impsy in pots
Sugar Rush, Dispersion and Impsy in their mini 3g jar size at just under $4AUD each

Sugar Rush, Dispersion and Impsy swatches
L-R: Sugar Rush, Dispersion and Impsy swatched over LORAC primer, left is dry and right is wet, under indirect daylight balanced flash

And a shot of the mess I made while swatching and attempting to get a decent photo lol.

large swatch attempt and mess

As far as an indie brand goes I'm loving these, so stayed tuned for the rest of the swatch posts and the final round up post.


Bambi xox

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. They are so beautiful! Thank you for swatching these. I always search for swatches before deciding to buy and your insights have been invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Jasmine! Happy to help, I do the same when I buy stuff so I try to be as informative as possible in my swatch posts :)

      Delete

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe