Quickie Holy Grail: Skincare Post!

Monday, November 03, 2014

Avene Cleanance mask bottle

Today's QHG post is a skincare product that has gradually and quite sneakily made its way into my everyday routine and now I can't live without it...... it's the Cleanance Mask by Avene!

I've been purchasing my refills from the UK site escentual.com whenever they have their 1/3 off french pharmacy brands special which is about once a quarter (four times a year). You can however get it here in Australia from Priceline outlets but be warned there is a significant price mark up. *And as I was typing this I just found it at ChemistDirect.com.au for only $13.95!

It's described as - 
Help regulate sebum production with the Avene Cleanance Mask, a formula designed specifically for the clogged pores of blemish-prone skin.
Rich in Avene Thermale Spring Water and kaolin (white clay), the complexion skin is soothed and mattified. There is a noticeable improvement in its look and feel.
And the ingredients are
Avene Thermal Spring Water, Triethylhexanoin, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycolic Acid, Water, Cyclomethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Polyethylene, Ceteareth-33, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Gluconate, Bisabolol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo Seed Oil (Pumpkin), Fragrance, Pyridoxine HCl, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum

I like to use it about once a week or so, mainly whenever my skin is feeling dull/textural or my pores are really clogged. I love that it's in a squeezy tube as I use it in the shower (slap it on mid way through, rinse off at the end!) and I find I can apply it in a few ways; either as a super thin layer to my problem areas, or an thick, indulgent amount all over my face, or if I'm in a massive morning rush I foam a small amount in the palms of my hands then as softly as possible massage into my damp skin before rinsing off. 

Now as for the exfoliating scrubby bits found in the goop product, I'm not the biggest fan. I always make sure to apply it with a light touch and when rinsing let the water spray do most of the work - any excess product left behind gets removed when I pat dry my face and apply toner after my shower. 

As for results, so far it's been a winner. Afterwards my skin is radiant, baby smooth with less clogged pores. I've always been a big fan of clay masks and have a variety of ones I like to use on those "home-spa" days but this lil beauty is perfection for my everyday morning routine - like I said it was sneaky! 

Avene Cleanance 50ml bottle in hand
the container is fairly small (50ml) but a small amount goes a long way, especially if you're only using it fortnightly

back of the cleanance bottle
back of the bottle has the instructions on how to use

Avene Cleanance Mask product swatched on back of hand
the product itself is fairly thin/workable for a clay mask product, with granular exfoliating bits in it

So if you're looking for a new clay based mask that's no fuss, no muss, checkout Avene's Cleanance Mask, it might sneak it's way into your morning routine too!

Bambi xox

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe