NOTD - Rimmel Brit Manicure in English Rose

Sunday, April 27, 2014


A solid nude pink is one of my fave nail polishes and probably the one I run out of the most (along side black). So when I was in Target the other day and I stumbled across this lovely shade called English Rose from the new Rimmel series/range "Brit Manicure" I just had to snap it up.


Its a beautiful creamy yet slightly translucent jelly finish that for me looks like My-Nails-But-Better in two coats and still lets my natural nail line shine through faintly - but you could get it opaque in three coats if needed. One thing to note, don't be as impatient as me LOL and let the coats dry in between or you'll get slight pulling/patchiness. 


It comes in a short fat bottle with a cute wedge shaped lid with the Rimmel crown logo embossed on the top which I think is rather cute - I don't find it annoying to hold at all. 

As with all the Rimmel polishes, or so it seems, it has the same super fat brush, which I don't mind but I've found if the bristles aren't cut evenly (like with another of my Rimmel polishes) it makes it a bitch to get a neat line near your cuticle.

wedge top lid but still easy to hold

 apologies for the crappy lighting on the lid detail >.< white on white is a bit of a pain

fat brush :) 

The reason I enjoy a great nude pink, is it's such a fantastic base colour to work with - especially with glitters! Like a magpie, I'm drawn to shiny/sparkly/glitter polishes more often than not and yet can rarely be bothered to do a full set of glitter nails - mainly because I can't be arsed taking them off LOL. But with a great base I can transform so many versions of a french manicure with a touch of glitter into something a bit special while still being work appropriate :)

Below are a few different examples of what I might do with a nice natural nude pink base and some glitter polishes.


thumb: hexagon mixed size gold glitter from BYS, forefinger: Leighton Denny Cascade LE, middle finger: Nails Inc Maida Vale,
ring finger: Rimmel Desire, pinkie finger: Nails Inc Maida Vale and Rimmel Disco Ball - no top coats  

the claw!! doesn't anyone else find this pose painful when taking pics of nail polish? 



 thanks for reading and happy Monday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe