Concrete Minerals - Naughty & Nice review

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

After my last post mentioning Black Friday deals (yeah, yeah I know it's January LOL) I found a mini review I did ages ago about Concrete Minerals Naughty & Nice collection that I got in a haul! 




Oddly I was trying to create a more organic review format where I actually hand wrote notes on a lined paper page next to swatches/products instead of typing it out in a post, which would be kinda cool if I didn't have totally shoddy handwriting. Bear with me and I'll try and decipher the below images for you!




Judging from my emphatic arrows and smiley face, this is an awesome lil box of goodies! The tin itself is deep enough to house 4 full size Concrete Mineral eye shadows and comes with the following shades Kinky, Jezebel, Smut and Troublemaker and also includes a Liptint in Bombshell. 

I adore the tin itself with it's kickass design and solid metal build and have stashed it in my "things that I can stick magnets to and call a palette" pile for later re-purposing (possibly with the above shadows once I press them mwuahhaha - more on that later!). 




And here are the shadows themselves: 
  • Jezebel - a medium red purple with shimmer 
  • Troublemakers - a golden taupe with gold glittery bits 
  • Kinky - dark teal shimmer 
  • Smut - soft grey taupe with pink/mauve shift and satin finish 
  • Bombshell - muddy peach toned lip tint 

To be honest I haven't used these as much as I thought I would - for the same reason I don't reach for my Fyrinnae shadows that I love, these being loose in itty bitty pots and put away in colour coordinated drawers means they just aren't conveniently on hand first thing in the morning. As far as quality all 4 eye shadows are lovely and pigmented, which I've found with all my Concrete Minerals eye shadows. I would say that I use Smut the most as I'm a sucker for a complex taupe, especially one with a great colour shift/duochrome. 

Only the Liptint was mediocre. I didn't mind it at first but over time it has gotten hard and dry and I just can't use it anymore. The colour itself is sheer and very similarly toned to my pigmented lips so it really didn't make an impact. 

Overall I think this collection is definitely worth it if you're looking to dip a toe in the world of Concrete Minerals as for $28 you get 4 full size shadows and a super cute tin. This same style of collection is also available in another colour variation called the Sugar and Spice collection. 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe