beautybytes #2 - Pantone's Colour of the Year 2015....Marsala

Friday, January 16, 2015

As they do every year, Pantone announced their choice for this year's trendsetting colour for all design mediums. This year it's a gorgeous burgundy-winy-red with earthy tones called "Marsala".

If you'd like to learn more about how the colour is chosen and why, you can head over to the article on Pantone's site here.




So I raided my stash thinking I had this in the bag as I love reds, wine, burgundies and earth tones, but when I started swatching I realized the vast majority of my reds were all cool/blue toned. None seemed to have the warm brown under tone that Marsala has.

Out of the items above I think the best matches were Sleek's Pout Polish in Perfect Plum (it's a lot warmer in person), Fyrinnae's Candy Coated pigment (was surprised by this one) and my fave red nail polish by Sugarbabe which alas the name has worn off the bottle.

So how bout you guys, what do you think about Pantone's choice Marsala? Do you have many Marsala beauty items in your collection? And what colour do you think 2016 will be?

Bambi xox

***Edit*** 
I just realized that in the swatches photo I've mistakenly labelled the last eye shadow as RBR's Bejewelled Skylark (which I meant to swatch as well!) but it's in fact Garnet from my Lorac Pro palette. Sorry! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

© Bambikai Land 2017

Featured Post

Too Faced's Romantic Eye Palette - Review & Swatches

Today's post is a review of the Romantic Eye Palette by Too Faced Cosmetics. I lusted after this little beauty for an age before f...

Subscribe